How Do I Join?
Any employer who has eligible workers engaged in the building and construction industry can participate in CIP.
To participate, an employer must complete and sign the Employer Application for Membership form.for an application form and for a copy of the Financial Services Guide please .
To complete the Application:
- Ensure all the details are complete, including the employer name, trading name, address and effective date that contributions to CIP will commence.
- Indicate the payday that the number of contribution weeks each month will be based on e.g. weekly each Thursday or Tuesday etc. The online application which produces the contribution advice forms will be altered to match your pay periods.
- Ensure the contact details on the Employer Application for Membership form are complete. The address that is entered will be the address to which all correspondence will be sent.
- Sign the Employer Application for Membership as either:
- a company
- a sole proprietor with workers, or
- a partnership
The Employer Application for Membership is a legal document binding the employer to the provisions of the constitution of CIP Ltd. The employer is then legally required to make monthly contribution payments to the fund for each of its eligible workers.
All details, including the 'contact' section, must be completed otherwise the deed may be rejected.
Workers Joining CIP
It is the responsibility of employers to pay contributions on behalf of their workers to CIP, after the employer has signed an Employer Application for Membership.
The worker is covered by the fund when his / her employer enters the worker's name and details through the online contributions system and pays contributions on behalf of the worker. For the worker to be eligible for benefits, his / her claim must fall within the terms and conditions of the policies.
For a copy of the Financial Services Guide please
Please note: Construction Income Protection Limited (CIPL) is the administrator of the Accident and Illness Benefits Program and Portable Sick Leave Scheme. The insurance policy is arranged by Windsor Management Insurance Brokers and distributed by CIPL. CIPL does not manage or process claims. All claims are managed and processed by Total Claims Solutions, who has been appointed as claims manager of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. CIPL does not give any advice in relation to the insurance policy.